It has been four years since the last Drupa event.
For those of you that are not in the know, Drupa is the largest printing equipment exhibition in the world. It is held every four years by Messe Düsseldorf, a trade fair ground and organizer, based in Düsseldorf, Germany. The event began on May 31, 2016 and will go through June 10, 2016. It is considered the most important international event in the print industry because of its size, the range of exhibitioners and its mass appeal. The eleven-day event gives you a look into print and cross-media solutions, new technologies and industry applications.
Drupa 2016 Event Highlights:
- Print: The platform is set up for the discovery of the latest developments and printing technologies. The stakes are already high with day one of the event having HP Inc. show off their new HP Indigo Digital Combination Press, which enables HP Indigo print and digital embellishments in a single pass.
- Functional Printing: Here you can find the latest innovations, applications and solutions for industrial and functional printing. HP Inc. flexed their muscles on the first day of Drupa to present to the world their new HP PageWide C500 Press, a flexible and cost-effective solution for corrugated direct-to-board printing.
- Packaging Production: This section of Drupa is larger than some trade fairs. It covers over 25,000 square meters of exhibition space. This year packaging production will be a key topic with the latest solutions and applications of packaging production to be presented.
- Multichannel: With the increasing demand for customization from end-users and B2B customers in the digital age, multichannel publishing is adapting to satisfy these needs. Everything from big data to web-to-print, variable data printing and Internet-based tools shape and influence the print media world. And Drupa exhibitioners are here to show you the latest solutions and applications for the multichannel portion.
- 3D Printing: Currently, there is no area of the printing industry developing faster than the 3D printing industry. HP introduced the new HP Jet Fusion 3D Printing Solution that delivers the highest quality physical parts and functions up to 10 times faster and at half the price of current 3D printers. We can’t wait to see what else will be revealed.
- Green Printing: Sustainability is becoming more and more important and for that reason brand owners across the world have found a competitive factor with their compliance to green standards, as well as the Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS). There are also cost benefits with the saving of resources and Drupa will show where sustainability is working.
Keep your eyes peeled for new technologies and innovations through the Drupa 2016 event. We will bring you an update once the event has completed and give you a recap of the best new developments.
In the meanwhile, if you are interested there are streams online where you can watch the event unfold and below you’ll find the operating hours of the event.
- Tuesday, 31 May 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 1 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 2 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Friday, 3 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 4 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 5 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
- Monday, 6 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10 June 2016: 10:00 a.m. – 18:00 p.m.